Meet Bruce Miller
I’m passionate about helping people grow, developing leaders, and empowering churches. My passion fuels me to write books intended to foster personal growth and provide fresh insights into how we can live more productive, joy-filled lives that make an eternal difference.
God blessed me with an awesome wife, Tamara, and we have the joy of sharing life with five grown kids — and now the amazing experience of being grandparents! Yes, being a grandparent is as wonderful as you’ve heard.
In 1997 God enabled me to lead a team to found Christ Fellowship in McKinney, Texas, where I currently serve as senior pastor. Being a pastor is a blast; it’s what God made me to do. I love our church!
Before Christ Fellowship, God had opened doors for me to be the primary founder of Centers for Church Based Training, an organization committed to helping churches create intentional pathways for developing people.
Along the way The WISDOM Process© was developed — a profoundly powerful means to think through issues and make decisions. This process moves us beyond knowing facts to transforming our lives in God’s power.
I enjoy learning; ideas and innovations are my friends. I graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Texas at Austin in 1982 with a BA in Plan II, the Honors Liberal Arts Program. In 1986 I received a Master’s Degree in Theology from Dallas Theological Seminary, where I later taught systematic theology for four years while doing doctoral work in the history of ideas at The University of Texas at Dallas. For those who like ideas, I focused on Postmodernism, specifically Philosophical Hermeneutics, and in particular Hans Georg Gadamer.
I’ve had the privilege of writing nine books:
- Leading a Church in a Time of Sexual Questioning: Grace-Filled Wisdom for Day-to-Day Ministry (Thomas Nelson & NEXT: A Leadership Network Resource)
- When God Makes No Sense: A Study in Habakkuk, The WISDOM Series (Dadlin Media)
- Big God in a Chaotic World: A Study of Daniel, The WISDOM Series (Confia Publishers, also available in Spanish)
- Same-Sex Wedding: Should I Attend? (Dadlin Media)
- Same-Sex Marriage: a bold call to the church in response to the Supreme Court Decision (Dadlin Media)
- Never the Same, A Fresh Look at the Sermon on the Mount, The WISDOM Series (Dadlin Media)
- Your Church in Rhythm (Jossey-Bass, also available in Spanish and German)
- Your Life in Rhythm (Dadlin Media)
- The Leadership Baton with Jeff Jones & Rowland Freeman (Zondervan, available in in Spanish, Portuguese and German)